agile development agreements australia awards business missions canterbury software careers cdc china christchurch christchurch rebuild cloud conferences economy education emerging markets entrepreneurship events exporting fast 50 funding government hong kong ibm industry news international trade market information media nzict open source outsourcing pricing procurement python qa rebuild recovery reports salary sales seminars sharepoint software summit software testing sponsorship sri lanka start-ups startups summit survey surveys testing training venture capital webinars workforce development
Blog » Kiwi PyCon 2012: Call for Papers!
Kiwi PyCon 2012: Call for Papers!
Kiwi PyCon (http://nz.pycon.org/) is a 2 day conference organised by the New Zealand Python Users Group (NZPUG) dedicated to the Python programming language. It's an annual event, and is hosted in a different city each year. In 2012, the conference is being held in Dunedin, within the University of Otago campus. The conference attracts a great number of presentations from New Zealand and around the world.
Call for Papers
We're looking for talks on all aspects of Python, including, but not limited to the following topics:
- Projects that use python extensively, or in an interesting way
- Applied python in an area other than application development (scientific modelling, for example)
- Core Python development or new language features
- Other implementations:Jython, IronPython, PyPy, and Stackless
- Python libraries and extensions
- Python 3k, porting techniques, or new language features
- Databases & database programming, including ORMs, Relational and NoSQL Databases
- GUI Programming
- Game Programming
- Network Programming
- Packaging Issues
- Programming Tools
- Project Best Practices
- Embedding and Extending Python
- Web-based Systems
2 July 2013
Watch this space for speaker lineup