Invest in Canterbury's Software Sector
Key benefits of investing in Canterbury and New Zealand:
- International centre of competence for software and technology
- World-leading lifestyle choice for investors and staff
- A safe and secure investment environment
- Economic and political stability
- Free of corruption
- Extensive free-trade agreements
- Active government support for investment
Key economic facts about New Zealand
- 1.4 percent real gross domestic product (GDP) growth (year ending September 2010).
- 1.4 percent growth in inward foreign direct investment (FDI) stock in 2009-10.
- Ranked third worldwide in overall economic freedom (Fraser Institute Economic Freedom of the World Annual Report, 2010).
- No capital gains tax.
New Zealand’s stable economy makes it ideal for long-term international competitiveness. The privatisation of utilities and state services like postage and rail services has created one of the world’s most efficient, competition-friendly economies. A free and independent press ensures corporate and government decision-making is transparent and fair.
This openness and competitiveness extends to international companies doing business in New Zealand; the country ranks second in the world for ease of doing business, according to the World Bank index, 2010.
Extensive free-trade agreements
New Zealand’s close trade and legal relationship with Australia gives businesses operating from New Zealand duty free access to a population of 22.6 million.
Free trade relationships, including those with People’s Republic of China, Singapore and Thailand, significantly increase the size of the New Zealand consumer market.
Active government support for investment
The New Zealand Government actively supports an environment that enables international investors to relocate, and/or collaborate with New Zealand companies. New Zealand Trade and Enterprise's Investment team provides support for international investors.
Read more about: